Swimming Lessons for Children
We have partnered with Swimming Australia to deliver students a new and effective swimming and water safety program focusing on contemporary experiential and activity-based learning, encouraging and supporting students to explore pathways into competitive and recreational lap swimming.
Implementation of this high-quality, activity-based educational program is designed to better integrate student learning outcomes into real-world settings, offering students the opportunity to:
- Gain maximum participation and practice time in activities that encourage, mentor and support the learning process where they are active for most of the lesson
- Be empowered to think, discuss and decide through experiential based learning where mentoring, guidance and challenge encourages them to use and enhance their knowledge, skill and understanding
- Learn and understand essential components of personal survival and water safety elements while concurrently in addition to development of establishing strong and effective swimming technique
- Be supported by professional, qualified teachers as they progress the curriculum toward the Junior Dolphins Program.
Our new program curriculum ensures that every student:
- Participates in a varied range of aquatic experiences including open water simulation
- Is challenged by new skills, knowledge and understanding
- Utilises learnt knowledge and skill to aid understanding for safer personal safety choices
- Develops comfort and confidence in swimming, as clear pathways for lifetime aquatic participation emerges.
Aquatic Pathways from Infants through to GOswim Academy
Swimming Australia has developed the GOswim Academy program, positioned as a flow on from the learning foundations in swimming and water safety education. GOswim Academy is designed to encourage continued participation in aquatic activity through competitive and reactional/lap swimming.
The link between the two curricula creates a specific pathway for students enhancing their lifetime aquatic experiences; preparing them for the competitive swimming arena if they so desire.
The curriculum for the GOswim Academy program builds on the core and foundation elements learnt in swimming and water safety education as each skill is broken down into segmented and achievable components that streamline and refine technique and enhance the development of efficiency and endurance.
Download the Splash App
The program is fully integrated into Swimming Australia’s Splash app to enhance parent communication. You can download the Splash app for android mobiles at Google Play store and for iPhone in the apple app store.
Features of the app include:
- Parents identifying and tracking students' progress through our clearly defined pathway
- Availability of digital encouragement awards as students' progress through each stage and element of the program
- Parents access online information enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, learning activities, learning outcomes and competency assessment criteria in student application of knowledge, skill and understanding.
FAQs Expand all
Essentials for Each Lesson
- A towel
- A well, non-contagious student
- Goggles or cap, if the student prefers
- A swim nappy if your child is not toilet trained
- A happy and cheery smile with lots of energy
- Students membership card and rewards card
It's never too early or late to learn how to swim! Our program ensures students learn and understand personal survival and water safety elements at all ages.Other Benefits Include:
- Establishing a strong and effective swimming technique
- Becoming empowered to think, discuss and decide
- Enhancing knowledge, skill and understanding
- Supported by professionally qualified teachers
GOswim Caters To
- Infants with their parents - Children aged 6 months to 3.5 years
- Preschoolers - Children aged 3.5 - 5 years
- Primary school aged children - Children aged 5 years and above
- Junior Dolphins
- Adult swimming lessons
Membership fees are due and payable via direct debit. This fee covers the cost of the lesson and holds the student’s place in class. A separate document detailing terms and conditions related to direct debit payments is available from reception.
The membership fee secures your place within the program class. Program membership does not include an option for missed lessons.
Prior notification and presentation of a medical certificate for the missed lesson will generate a Family Swim practice pass. This offers free pool entry on your next non-lesson visit to the centre. This pass is valid for one month from the date of issue.